Thursday, August 11, 2011

You don't have to care, and neither do I!



I don't have to care what people think about me. I don't have to go buy new clothes. I don't have to go to college and get a money making job. I don't have to buy a big house. I don't have to worry about my future. My confidence doesn't have to be in anything other than Christ. 

Isn't it funny how we work so hard to please the 15 some people who are around us? We make our decisions based on their opinions. They affect our appearance, our careers, our possessions, the movies we watch, the music we listen to, and how we spend out time. We value their opinions more than God's opinion!

We can have a relationship with God. Did you just read that? Read it again. We can have a relationship with GOD. The one who has all power over not just our own lives, but over the lives of everyone around us, and over not only our own world, but over the whole universe! He is! We can talk to Him. We can know His opinion. We can please Him! 

He is amazing. Not only does He make a way for us to be saved from ultimate destruction, but He gives us a new heart with new desires to help us. He changes us so that our desires are His desires. We don't have to worry about pleasing anyone anymore. Instead of having to worry about pleasing our friends, we find joy and fulfillment in pleasing Him. He makes it so easy!

Oh, such freedom! Anytime I start worrying about what people think about me, I just have to remind myself I don't have to please anyone but Jesus.

Matt 11:28-30 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

2 comments:

  1. Out of the mouths of babes...
    Thanks for this post, Elisabeth. Such a good reminder, and no matter how long we live, we need reminders every day! The Lord bless your day and bring increase of Light to others through you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said! Good preaching!

    ReplyDelete