Sunday, July 14, 2013

Heroes



When thinking about heroes, I'd often think of policemen, firefighters, or the superheroes I see at the movies. They were those who saved people from great catastrophes. Heros are known for that one big event. 

Then it dawned on me… A truly great hero isn't one that only shows up when a big catastrophe happens. But he is also there for life's everyday problems. 

The other day though, I realized I had one of the greatest heroes living in my midst. His name is Jody Walker. He is my everyday hero. From killing bugs to fixing the garbage disposal, he is always there to be the hero to my problems. It didn't matter if the problem was that I just needed a hug, or it was something greater like taking a washing machine a part and fixing it, he has always been there for me. 

Exactly one year ago, this amazing man made the commitment to be my husband even though I have all my little problems. He decided to be a servant just like Jesus was, and be the hero for my everyday problems. 

Thus today, I wanted to thank him publicly for being my hero. My everyday hero. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful testimony. May you have many years together rescuing souls from the dragon of deceit.

    ReplyDelete